Bird is looking for a highly organized and experienced bookkeeper to manage financial accounting, bookkeeping and reporting for retail, web, and the corporate office. The bookkeeper will coordinate and oversee all financial operations of Bird and work to mitigate cost, risk, and liability while maintaining Bird ethos and standards.
Reporting to the Owner, the Bookkeeper is responsible for the maintenance of all financial records, reporting and AP activities for five retail entities and e-commerce sales. The Bookkeeper will support the business by maintaining the company financial data in QuickBooks, POS and physical files, acting as point person to all financial partners and providing reporting data and analysis to the Owner. The ideal candidate is mature, proactive, detail-oriented, analytical, and able to perform a variety of financial responsibilities independently.
- Maintain all aspects of business booking for five entities using GAAP.
- Act as point person for accountants, banking representatives, and brokers.
- Process all Accounts Payable; maintain vendor correspondence and lines of credit.
- Review vendor statements, resolves discrepancies with Inventory Team and reconcile accounts.
- Oversee, process and fulfill all other financial payment schedules and obligations.
- Maintain and reconcile multiple checking, savings, credit card and ap/ar.
- Oversee and reconcile cash handling and deposits in stores.
- Company cash flow oversight and management.
- Oversee and reconcile merchant processor transactions (credit cards, PayPal)
- Allocate funds and transactions, post and balance transactions across multiple entities.
- Create financial statements (income statement, balance sheet) and generate financial reports from QuickBooks.
- Process bi-weekly payroll and records in ADP PEO and QuickBooks.
- Prepare and/or review all expense reports for accuracy, accountability; approve for reimbursement.
- HR collaboration and support with management teams.
- Collect W-9s, maintain freelance contracts and prepare annual 1099’s for processing.
- Monitor, process and fulfill charitable giving requests.
- Maintain accurate and orderly financial document retention files and archive; maintain storage.
- Provide monthly sales data to accountants for sales tax filings.
- Prepare accounts, reports and statements for annual tax filings.
- Manage 401k and employee benefits evaluation, procurement and renewal.
- Serve as support to Sales Staff, Office Staff and Operations Manager as needed.
- Perform other related duties as may be requested by the Creative Director
- 5+ years of Full Charge Bookkeeping, preferably for a multi brand retailer, wholesaler, or similar.
- Ability to accurately prioritize and work independently as well as part of a team.
- Pro level experience with QuickBooks, and Microsoft Office.
- Experience with POS systems; Teamwork Retail a big plus.
- Familiarity with E-commerce business, processes, and financial considerations.
- Sound understanding of sales tax obligations.
- Essential understanding of labor law and best practices.
- Basic understanding of business insurance requirements and compliances.
- Highly organized, analytic, and detail-orientated.
- Ability to re-prioritize effectively and maintain a positive attitude in a sometimes rapidly changing environment.
- Able to complete tasks accurately and timely with minimal supervision in an open office structure.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Personable, approachable, consistent, and responsive.
- Exemplary judgment and discretion.
- A love of fashion.
Bird offers competitive pay, 401k matching, split-pay health care, and vacation pay as well as generous discounts and store credit incentives.
Please e-mail resume and cover letter to email@example.com